When you step aboard Hauraki Express, your safety is in our hands
- Our vessels are as good as new and meticulously maintained.
- We operate under the Maritime Operator Safety System (MOSS) regime as set down by Maritime New Zealand
- We have our own Marine Transport Operator Plan (MTOP) to suit Hauraki Express activities and endorsed by Maritime New Zealand
- Our skippers are suitably qualified through Maritime New Zealand to command Hauraki Express vessels
- We carry up to date safety equipment according to MOSS
The Skipper of the vessel is in charge and has your safety, comfort and enjoyment as his or her first priority
- Upon arrival on the a Hauraki Express boat you will receive a safety briefing
- You will be invited to wear a lifejacket if that is your preference
- If in the unlikely event of an emergency, the skipper will take charge of the situation and will have authority over the crew and passengers. You may be required to wear a life jacket under the skipper’s instructions.
- To ensure the safety of our passengers and skipper, we reserve the right to cancel or postpone any trip at any time up to the commencement of the trip, due to unsafe weather conditions or other unusual circumstances. This decision is at the sole discretion of the skipper.
- On Hauraki Express we strive to give you an enjoyable and happy experience. We encourage fun and a party atmosphere and accept that food and drink may flow freely. We draw the line where excessive alchohol is consumed to the point that safety and respect of other passengers is compromised. In such circumstances, the skipper has the discretion to terminate the trip and return to base.
Hauraki Express is committed to protecting the natural quality and sustainability of the Hauraki Gulf and its inhabitants
- Hauraki Express is qualified as a Pest Free Operator as approved by the Department of Conservation
- We take all precautions to avoid the transportation of threats to our pristine islands, sanctuaries and waters of the gulf.
- In particular we focus on the protection against the risk of rats, mice, skinks, ants and foreign soil and plants
- You may be subject to bag and equipment inspections and your footwear may need to be cleaned
- We invite you to visit http://treasureislands.co.nz/media/53665/biosecurity-info-hauraki-gulf.pdf as a guide to preparing for your trip aboard Hauraki Express
- We treasure the cleanliness and lack of pollution in the Hauraki Gulf and require that all rubbish be disposed in the boats rubbish bins and disposed of in the correct way on shore.
- Hauraki Express boats are qualified as Amateur-Fishing Charter Vessels by Ministry of Primary Industries and comply with all fishing regulations, in particular; minimum sizes, quota and avoidance of waste and harm to non-targeted species.
- We support Lega-Sea in its efforts to maintain the sustainability of our fishery in the Hauraki Gulf
We understand that your enjoyment on the Gulf may require equipment and toys of your choice.
- Each passenger can take up to 25KG of luggage. We are also able to accommodate sporting gear such as surfboards, paddle boards, golf clubs, kayaks, mountain bikes and dive gear. Please mention this to us when booking.
We know pets are part of the family and should be treated as such, within reason
- We can take up to two dogs (on a leash) and two cats (in a cage) on your trip when you book the entire boat with us. Please mention this to us when booking.
Payments and refunds
- Payment for trips must be made in advance. This may be through internet banking, or on board eftpos facilities
- In the event that a trip is cancelled at the skippers discretion, a full refund will be given through internet banking to a nominated bank account